History of Doris Designs
Doris O’Hara, my late grandmother, was the inspiration for setting up Doris Designs Petticoats.
When I was born I was gifted the middle name Doris. Having Doris as my middle name attracted a lot of unwanted attention from mean school children. Many years later I decided to embrace the name. I thought to myself:
If my middle name is attracting so much attention then I’m going to put it to good use; I’m going to set up my own business and call it Doris Designs.
I wanted to build a business that resonated with my Grandmother and her era. To remember her presence with colour and happiness. What better way to do it than with scrumptiously-soft fun-filled petticoats.
Superior Quality Petticoats
Unlike a hard net underskirt / net petticoat, the Doris petticoat is beautifully stitched to the highest of standards with over 36 meter layers, soft light chiffon giving them great bounce and body. They are simply timeless and will turn heads wherever you go. They are delivered in a beautiful cotton Doris embroidered storage bag for safe keeping. Your vintage-inspired petticoat is brilliantly versatile:
- Our gorgeous petticoats are perfect for your vintage 1950s style wedding. Whether that be for under your wedding gown or your 1950s inspired bridesmaid dresses.
- Our underskirts look great with a swing dress for those rockabilly dance nights. Your petticoat will come alive on the dance floor with its supreme fullness.
- We sell short petticoats too. Rock the look with a pair of Dc. Martins or wellies and a denim waistcoat. This look is great for festivals.
- If you have a party to go to, or even better a fancy-dress party, your Doris petticoat will look fabulous.
- Don’t forget, we also sell matching children’s tutus.
Visit Our Doris Showroom
- Our Doris Designs Petticoat Showroom rests in the beautiful countryside of Surrey. You will be welcomed with tea and coffee and can take your time trying on all the colours you desire.
- Our Showroom is by appointment only, so please email our showroom or call 0843 289 6622 to arrange a visit.
- We’re only a 20 minute train journey from London, and 5 minutes’ drive off Junction 11 off the M25.
- When you visit, why not make a day of it and visit a local Surrey Wedding Fair.
Doris in Action
To see Doris skirts in action, watch some of our Doris videos.
- Doris Petticoats have been on stage all around the world. They are loved by theatre performers, choirs, and ballet productions.
- Doris Petticoats have been featured on the BBC and international films.
- In 2017 a very well-loved British actress will be wearing a selection of our petticoats in a high-profile film starring some of Britain’s best-loved actors.
- A number of other famous ladies have bought Doris Petticoats including presenters, catwalk models and actors.